Wednesday, January 7, 2009

So Nothing was lost and Nothing was gained

Well the grand plan to turn one of the main computers into a hackintosh failed. Burned a copy of the slipstreamed version of OSx86 on a DVD. Booted from the disk and got the Apple logo and the spinning busy logo, however the disk drive stopped spinning. Let the logo spin for 30 minutes and nothing happened, no errors no nothing.  Took out the disk and rebooted and vista booted like nothing happened. So nothing was lost and nothing was gained.

Then this morning I wake up and across the room on my precise (the name that is given to the beloved drobo) was a bright RED light. The half-asleep me went to full-awake panic me in a very short amount of time, some would say instantly . After reviewing the color coded info panel on the inside of the door, I removed the bad drive. Then Magic began. The drobo went into data rebuilding mode. I am down to two 500gb drive inside which is 500gb protected. Greater than was is currently used. The capacity lights jumped from 3 to 8 (30% to 80%). So I will need to get another drive when the bank account has stopped bleeding. So nothing was lost and nothing was gained.

No comments: